Monday, April 7, 2008

Roadtrip!


Liz has returned from her adventures in Nepal and India! She is back in Boston again, going to work tonight. She was a day late getting back, due to a missed connecting flight. Check her blog in a bit (after she has recovered!) and you can read all about her trip.



Meanwhile...I'm flying to Boston on Friday. Liz, as mentioned in an earlier blog here at this location, got her dream job in Denali National Park, Alaska and lucky Mama that I am, I get to make the road trip with her! WHoOoOo HOoOOoo! I'm looking forward to walking around Boston one more time and exploring it's history. It really is a lovely city. The forecast is for rain, but I've packed an umbrella--so I'm ready for that (besides, being a Pacific NW chick, a bit o' rain doesn't scare me)

The movers come on the 21st, then we'll be out of there. I'm not sure yet what route will take. Niagara Falls to visit Aunt Betty? Stopping by to say hello to cousin Sue in Stacy, MN (we haven't seen each other since we were 17--would we even recognize each other? YIKES!) Down to Salt Lake City to see Jeff and Frieda? Stay tuned to this space in a few weeks for photos of THIS particular epic journey. Okay, so it doesn't involve hiking to 15,500 feet in Nepal, or giving loving and compassionate service to orphans in India, but...for me, it's probably about all the adventure I can take! ;-)

The plan is to drive back here, pick up Tom, and make the last leg of the journey from the Pacific NW to Alaska. With any luck, we'll be able to take the ferry but if not, we'll drive.

The burning question is, how many quilt shops are there between Boston and Denali National Park and HOW many can I convince Liz to stop at? Hmmm!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I can't wait! We're going to have a fantastic time!

Inge Slaats said...

Wow Yvonne, going to Alaska with your daughter, fantastic! Enjoy yourself, I'm sure it will be great!

Inge

Sweet P said...

Have a great trip. I won't be able to see you on this trip. I'm on some new medicine and I can't drive while I'm on it. Sorry!

Yvonne said...

well, phoooey! Sorry I'll miss hanging out with you. Hope you feel better soon. See you at Jamboree '09!