Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Toy

In July, I upgraded from a Juki TL98E on a Grace Frame, to a HQ Sixteen. My Grace/Juki system was lovely, but the HQ was an opportunity too good to pass up! My quilting room had to be totally reorganized, since the HQ is longer and wider than the Grace is. It is a wee bit more cramped in there now, but well worth it. My quilting room is, unfortunately, also the laundry room. If I could figure out how to get out of ever having to do laundry, I could get the washer and dryer out of there, and have a lot more space! But since that isn't ever likely to happen...I can deal with it being a bit cramped. Here are a couple of photos of what my new room looks like.
Notice Taz over by the window? She got upset when I first set up the new room, as I had forgotten to put in a cat-sleeping spot! What was I thinking?


Tom, as an engineer, is very interested in machines and how things work. Once we got the HQ Sixteen up and running, he has been wanting a chance to play with it. Yesterday I loaded a quilt in it, for Aurora, and let him have a go! The plan is to have a label with something on it like this. "quilt top by Grandma, quilted by GRANDPA!"

5 comments:

Joan said...

Okay, now I want a quilting machine, and I don't even quilt! I'm impressed with the organizational ability to make everything fit in your room, plus it looks bright and cheerful as well as functional.
Oh, and good job Tom!

Sorensen said...

So is Tom the master quilter now or are you reserving that title?

Yvonne said...

LOL I think we can share the title! ;-)

Sweet P said...

I can understand how an engineer would like a quilting machine. Now you can make twice as many quilts.

sewnut said...

The new space is great. I too share space wiht the washer and dryer right now and it is sooo loud! Next house - separate rooms for sure.

I love the puzzle balls. I have also seen one that is made of multiple round edged triangles and tacked together so there are lots of holding spots.