Thursday, September 11, 2008

Siggy Blocks

One thing my online quilt friends like to do, every few years, is swap signature blocks. We recently did this again and I received 56 lovely blocks. As I was looking for something in my "almost" organized sewing room, I came across another batch from 2006...and later, a few from 2004. Hmm. I'd forgotten I had those! Of course none of the batches of blocks were the same size, and the earlier ones are even a different pattern. Nevertheless, my goal is to put them all together in ONE quilt. Stay tuned. Here is a photo of the first two batches, lined up on the floor. Of course Taz is investigating. She feels it necessary to supervise my quilting projects.
And give her opinion....

5 comments:

Joan said...

That is really striking! If there are only a few in the earliest batch, why not incorporate them as part of the border?

Yvonne said...

That was my first thought, then another quilt buddy suggested a medallion-center with the 2004 blocks in the middle--and all the other blocks circling them in rows. I'll have to try that one out and see how it looks!

Sweet P said...

Your blocks are wonderful together!

Laura Jex said...

That looks like its ready for me to jump right in and give it the " Snuggle test!"

Rhonda said...

It looks really colorful.....like a colorwash type of quilt. I'm not sure of your kitty's reaction but I like the blocks that way! LOL
ravelly1-quiltzblog.blogspot.com