Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Beginning of a new year...end of a blog

I admit, it's been kind of fun blogging..but as 2010 starts up; a whole new year--I've been re-evaluating my priorities. Too much time spent at the computer and not enough time doing the things that really matter. For instance, how can I made a dent in my overwhelming stash of fabric when I am sitting here instead of at my sewing machine? Sigh. So even though I could amuse you (hopefully) with tales of our adventures in So. Africa (gorgeous place, I never expected to love it!) or our 23 hour lay over in Amsterdam (too short, especially when 12 of those hours were spent sleeping and another three were spent trying to get a boarding pass for Tom who REALLY ISN'T the Irish terrorist of the same name..who was executed 8 years ago, so why is his name still on the no fly list?) In spite of that and all the cute baby Aurora photos I could post, or the stories of my cute new Sunbeam class I could tell you.....no...

must quilt.

Must get in 10,000 steps each day.

Besides, I think in blogging, I've only been talking to myself (IS ANYONE OUT THERE?) I can do that just as easily verbally as I quilt and exercise (gak. exercise...)

Have a wonderful 2010, everyone (if there is, indeed, anyone out there reading this) Find me on Facebook and be my friend there, if you want to see photos and hear stories. lol

off to quilt!

7 comments:

Joan said...

I read it and I will miss you here, but I know where to find you. Enjoy the quilting and 10K stepping and keep facebooking as you get a chance.

June said...

Yvonne,
I do read your blog and will miss it. It's been great traveling around with you and hearing about places I may never visit. Love the pictures. Not only of your travels but of little Auroa and your family. Please send the address to your face book. Take care my friend.

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

Ditto to what Joan said.

Inge Slaats said...

Hi Yvonne,

I was here, now and than, and always enjoyed it. But I do understand you. Sitting behind the computer takes a lot of time, I'm here now for over an hour, sigh....
I'm on Facebook, too, not very active, but I'm there now and then. I'm going to see if I can find you there and let us be friends there, OK?
And you were in Amsterdam, ooohhh, what a pity, too short......
Hope to see you on Facebook!

Hugs,
Inge from the Netherlands

Laura Jex said...

I too read you and will miss you! any way we can convince you to stay?

Mel C said...

I will miss you too! You are the one who suggested the blog idea when I got pregnant with the twins :) It was probably the best thing I could have done to record everything that has happened :) I agree with you....computer time must be cut down and yet here I am, reading your blog ;) Happy quilting....see you FB!

Chanin said...

On to Facebook it is!! Keep up the awesome quilting.