Thursday, November 19, 2009

Time with Baby

Aurora is visiting us this week while her parents are off on a cruise to the Bahamas, celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary. I was thinking, what did Tom and I do to celebrate OUR fifth? Probably order out for delivery pizza! lol

Fortunately, Aurora is a happy little person and easy to tend. This morning we vacuumed. I wasn't sure how she'd react to the vacuum cleaner. The cat runs from it. Not Aurora! She laughed, waved her arms excitedly in the air, and chased it! It was such fun, I ended up vacuuming the whole house, just to watch her reaction. Funny funny girl.

She has also been enjoying chasing our cat, Taz, around the house. Taz is more tolerant this time, than when she was here in August. I'm wondering if the difference is that Aurora is walking on two feet now; and now is classified in Taz's feline brain, as a human and a source (eventually) of petting and cat treats. If I were Taz, I would run away from this little critter, but Taz holds her ground, even when a baby finger tries to poke an eye, or a baby hand grabs a fistful of hair. I'm keeping close watch on the two of them, just in case...but perhaps Taz is a bit too tolerant and should, instead, take to napping in higher locations around the house. Although, I guess Taz has found perks to all this. This morning, I found Aurora sharing her Gerber yogurt "melts" with Taz. Who knew cats liked yogurt?

Tom installed a few baby latches on kitchen cupboards, but not nearly enough, so I have chairs and other objects, blocking access to most of the cupboards. Aurora does have access to the Tupperware and yesterday, I showed her what noise could be had by hitting two pan lids together like cymbals! Oooh, she likes that!

Here are some Aurora-photos for all the baby fans out there.






2 comments:

Sweet P said...

She is so adorable! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with her.

Inge Slaats said...

She is such a cute, little kid! You must be a very proud grandma!
I'm still visiting your blog now and than, but time flies and there are always so many things to do. In "no time" another year is passed by, sigh......

Have a nice weekend and give Aurora a big hug from just a grandma from the Netherlands!

Also hugs for you ofcourse,
Inge

PS: you made some beautiful quilts, I do love them!