Sunday, October 26, 2008

Welcome to the World, Aurora May!

I just got back a few days ago, from hanging out with my son, daughter-inlaw, and their beautiful new daughter, Aurora May. Aurora was born the 15th of October and weighed 7 lbs, 3 oz. She was 18.5 inches long. I took over 200 photos while I was visiting, but I'll just share my favorites with you!

The happy family:



Brand-new Aurora:



Me with my baby, who is holding HIS baby! How sweet that was, seeing Jeff's tenderness with his daughter. Aurora is such a lucky girl, having two such wonderful and loving parents.



















Aurora with the quilt Tom quilted for our granddaughter:



More Aurora photos!



One of my favorite photos is that one with Aurora, napping on her Mama, and holding Frieda's finger.

I think maybe I took too many photos--and Aurora got annoyed with me....



Oops!

6 comments:

Inge Slaats said...

Congratulations, Yvonne! What a beautiful granddaughter!

And? Was I right when I told you how wonderful it is to be a grandmother?
That little girl will bring a lot of extra joy in your life!

Hugs,
Inge from the Netherlands

Yvonne said...

You are definitely right, this Grandma-business is absolutely wonderful!

Anonymous said...

no it is Not too manty photos ,, it is granma`s right of passage to quilt and quilt for her and take pictures .. and just love her over n over , ,,, told you so ,, lol

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

beeeeautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Yvonne,
I am so happy for you and Grandpa Tom. I look forward to seeing even more quilts and baby pictures in the coming months.
Welcome to the Grandma and Grandpa club! It's great

sewnut said...

absolutely beautiful.