Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Quilt Jamboree Preparations

In less than two weeks, the world is coming to my door step! Well, not all of the world, but a bit of it. AND not exactly to my door step--but rather to a hotel here in my hometown! Carol and her husband, Peter, are coming from Australia. They, as well as Carol from New Zealand will actually be at my house for a bit before our Jamboree. The others, from various parts of the U.S. and Canada, will show up a couple days later. It is pretty exciting! I've been putting the finishing touches on all the goodies I've gathered for them. Here is my pile of Jamboree stuff:

It has taken over the guest room, so now The Pile is inhabiting a corner of the livingroom.

The bags were donated by Cindy, a member of my local quilt guild, who is the driving force behind Innovations, a machine quilting conference, held in Tacoma Washington every year. You can read all about it here: http://www.mqinnovations.com/ Cindy is a fantastic machine quilter who also teaches classes in her home. (hmm!)

I have been having fun filling the bags with goodies!

The bins under all that mess in the photo contain doorprizes. I discovered a heretofore unknown talent for begging and had a great time writing to quilt companies and online quilt shops, asking for donations of doorprizes! Who knew it would be so easy to get goodies for my quilt friends?

Here is the pile of quilts for our Jennie Sherlock Memorial Quilt Challenge. I decided I'd better fold them and get them off the guest room bed, rather than run the risk of Carol and Peter being crushed under all these quilts. So far, there are thirteen of them. A goodly amount, particularly since I only made two of them! I've been told that more are coming. All will be going to the Seattle Cancer and Wellness Treatment Center, to be given out to women battling breast cancer.



I am, of course, planning a total collapse after Jamboree is over---but it will be a lot of fun and well worth the "bumps in the road" that I've encountered in the planning and execution of this event. Phew! I love my Quilting Buddies!!!

4 comments:

sewnut said...

I am so excited. I have to start counting the sleeps till I get there!

Inge Slaats said...

Oh, how exciting is that indeed! I'm a sort of jealous about this jamboree, how I do wish I could be there! I'm also very curious to know what is in those bags. LOL

Wish you a very happy Easter!

BTW: I wrote the last story on my blog in English, just for you, haha...

Anonymous said...

i wish i could come to the jamboree. i will just have to buy a HUGE packet of tim tams and slam em by myself :)
libby downunder

Yvonne said...

Mmmm, Libby! Slam one for me while you're at it! lol YUM!!!