Monday, April 6, 2009

Kindergarten Auction Quilts

Every year a local elementary school has an auction to raise money for their school. My friend, Cathy, is a kindergarten teacher there. Each class has to come up with something to auction off. Last year, Cathy came up with the idea of quilts.....which lead her to think of me. Funny how that happens! It worked so well that we did it again this year. Here are the results:



I like these quilts much better than last year's. For one thing, I was in control of all the fabric that went into them, so we didn't have poly/cotton fabric as the sashing. (Cathy isn't a quilter...she didn't know any better...) I found that stretched differently in the frame than the muslin did, which resulted in the dreaded "puckers" that machine quilters cringe over. Also last year, I didn't have the HQ Sixteen, which gives me a lot more quilting area than the Juki/Grace Frame setup did. This year, besides the upgrade in quilting machine, the fabric was from my stash--100% cotton, although Cathy did go out and buy the muslin.

I love the pictures the kids did! I think the pink pig on the yellow quilt, was my favorite. Then there's the "princess making machine" on the blue one. Very cute!

1 comment:

Joan said...

I love the quilts! They are so cheerful and full of memories. Any family would be happy to have them.