Friday, June 26, 2009

Other Fun in Spokane

We're back home again. Tom's radar project concluded; all went well. The way they test the radar is to have a pilot in a jet, zoom up the coast from Sacramento. He flies around at different altitudes, and they see if the radar can spot him. It did. Success! YAY!

One of the highlights, for me at least, of our trip was getting to meet an online quilting buddy, Teri. She rescued me one day and we visited several quilt shops, including one in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho...which isn't all that far away. We had a great time, then went to lunch at a Chinese restaurant, and off to another quilt shop.

Here is Bear Paw Quilts in Idaho. That's Teri standing there! Very nice shop. I liked the bear paw prints in the concrete of the sidewalk outside.


We went to Cosy Quilts in Spokane, then Log Cabin Quilts.


While I was in the hotel, I made two baby quilt tops, as well as a pile of blocks for a queen-sized quilt. One of the gals who came by every day to tidy my room was interested in what I was doing. When I told her I needed to make 64 blocks for the queen-sized quilt, she commented that it would take FOREVER! Well, no...not forever...but I said if I wanted immediate satisfaction, I'd go to WalMart and buy a bedspread. lol Some people just don't understand quilters!

No comments: