Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Another Christmas Quilt


While Tom was off on yet another business trip recently, I decided to try to get rid of some of my Christmas fabric stash. I've had the idea bouncing around in my head for years now, that it would be nice to have a Christmas quilt for each of the beds. HA! Last year I finished one, and now this year: two more! Since we have three beds (two in guest rooms), I've got it covered (lol) but oh dear, I still have more Christmas fabric left.

Taz, our Manx cat, always comes into my quilting room to keep track of what I'm doing. After all, she wouldn't want to miss anything! When I put a quilt on the HQ Sixteen, she hops up on the back of it, winds her way through the machine a few times--back and forth, and then ends up sitting there, showing me her back, like she is ignoring me. Pouting perhaps, because I'm quilting instead of petting her? I'm never sure. Once I start up the machine and start quilting, she retreats to her assigned napping spot in the room. One time when I was cleaning and rearranging my quilting studio, I neglected to factor in the "napping spot," and Taz, who is seldom vocal, let me know in no uncertain terms (meows, in her case), that I needed to fix the problem. Phew! Who runs this house, anyway?

Here is the quilt, finished. It is all triangles.
While Tom was on his last trip, I set my sewing machine up in the livingroom, in front of the big screen tv. I took over the whole house with my mess: the diningroom table became my cutting area, a counter top was the pressing station..and fabric everywhere! It was a nice change. Then I sewed and sewed. I never did try out the quilt for size, on my bed, until I was finished. As a result, it came out a bit narrower than I would have liked--but long enough for a tuck-under with the pillows! Oooh well. It is very warm...and I do have more Christmas fabric; a good start for Christmas quilt #4!

2 comments:

peawink said...

Way to go Yvonne! It turned out great ... I just found a box with tons of Christmas fabric that I didn't even know I had ...

Yvonne said...

Better get stitching, then! lol Although I think Christmas fabric definitely reproduces when we aren't looking...using it all up might be impossible!