Friday, August 8, 2008

Association of Pacific NW Quilters Show

Today I went to the APNQ show, which is a quilt show held every two years. As usual, it was fantastic! I particularly liked the international mini-quilts as there were some there from New Zealand. I rode the bus downtown and was maybe 6th in line to get in the door when it opened. Here is what it looked like BEFORE the hoards of quilters got into the room!

Once the crowds swarmed, it was difficult to get photos without people walking between me and the quilt I was trying to photograph. Still, I did get a few. Here they are:
This is a wholecloth quilt, and a detail of it. Frieda wants a "blessing blanket" for Aurora and I have been thinking of doing a wholecloth quilt. I took this photo for inspiration!
Here's another I spotted:
New Zealand mini-quilts:
More quilts!




2 comments:

Sorensen said...

Wow the detail is amazing. What a beautiful gift that would be for Aurora.

Yvonne said...

LOL Hers won't be THAT fancy! But it is lovely, isn't it? Maybe for the 9th grandchild, I'll be able to manage something that spectacular...