Saturday, March 7, 2009

Siggy Swap Block Quilt

I don't know about you, but I have a few piles here and there, of blocks received from online swaps with other quilters. One of the tallest piles was signature blocks. Since it was threatening to topple over, I decided I had to do something!

Here is the result.



As you can see, some of the blocks had to go on the back. I was determined to use them all! The earliest blocks are from Washington Internet Quilters (WASIQ) and are dated 1998. Those weren't from a swap, but from a retreat I went on with the group. I had everyone sign a block for me. Also in this mix are blocks from quilters in the now defunct Quiltswapper group. When that group folded after several years, some of us stayed together in a group called Quilting and Friendship (Q&F). From there I went, along with others from Quiltswappers, to the group I'm in now: QuiltPocket. All in all, here and there, I've known some of these women for at least a decade! I have been lucky enough to meet a few of them in person, either through our travels, or from gatherings like the QuiltPocket Jamboree in Conneticut two years ago. They are all very dear to me. Next month some of them will be coming here, for a Jamboree. Time to renew friendships and meet MORE quilt buddies in person! Ooh...and wait until they see this quilt!

5 comments:

Sweet P said...

Awesome quilt! I wish I was able to see it in person.

sewnut said...

I love it. My plans are the same. I have been keeping all those siggie blocks in one drawer to be put into one quilt together. I wondered if that plan would make sense, but apparently it does! Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne said...

Me too, Paula. We'll miss you at Jamboree.

Linda, get busy! You can bring your siggy quilt to show and tell at Jamboree. ;-)

Joyce in Nevada said...

I am hoping to have mine done as the top is together. We can compare!

Anonymous said...

nice use of all your blocks :) i can even see my block in there whoo hooo

libby