Monday, March 30, 2009

New Zealand Stripes


Here's the latest quilt I've finished; made from a "jelly roll" of fabric strips, sent to me by friend, Carol. Carol lives in New Zealand--and the fabric is all strips of wonderful New Zealand prints. I think my favorite is the kiwi in the All Blacks rugby uniform.

Thanks, Carol! See what I made out of your fabric gift? ;-) I'm not sure Carol will see this post, but never mind...she'll be here at the end of April and THIS quilt will be on the guest bed where she'll be sleeping.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great quilt!

Yvonne said...

Thanks! It was very easy and a good way to use up 2.5 inch strips!

Grandma said...

What a great idea for your New Zealand strips. You and Carol must be very good friends.

Thanks for sharing.
Cindy in Seattle

Carol said...

Yvonne, it's gorgeous - and, of course, I read your blog. Can't wait to get to Renton and see it for real.
Carol in NZ

Yvonne said...

I thought you might be popping in here now and then, Carol...but HA! This is the first time you've commented!! Smoked you out from lurkdom!!! he he he

See you SOON! How many sleeps is it now?