Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More bags!


This week I made 8 little bags, about 10.5 inches square, for the Sunbeams in my Primary class. (for you non-LDS folks out there, that's Sunday School) The children in my class are all 3 or 4 years old. Holly is four. All the rest are still three.

Tabatha (mother of my buddy, HaiLee) and I teach the class together, which is really nice and cuts down on any stress there might be in being in a room with eight Sunbeams! There is always one of us available for the runs to the potty or the water fountain. We take turns teaching the lessons, another good thing about having a partner. Not that the lessons are difficult, but I appreciate not having to think about it except for every other week. Tabatha is very good at coming up with crafts for them that go along with the lesson. As a result, every week the children seem loaded down with goodies to take home, be it the craft they made or pictures they colored--or, like last Sunday, Easter candy! Their wee hands can only hold so much. As I watched them leave the classroom on Sunday, dropping and picking up their take-home items...repeatedly...I decided I should make them bags. When we got into the Primary room for our closing exercises (songs and other fun things), Becky--who is the chorister--commented that I should make them all bags. AHA! Another confirmation of the idea! So..I did. The first one was, of course, the most difficult, as I tried to work out what I was doing, but after that, I assembly-line sewed them and had them all done in two days. As you can see, one is blank. There is a little boy who is new to church and has only been to class once. His name is Bryce, but I'm waiting to find out from our Primary President if that is how his name is really spelled. Having grown up with people being creative over the spelling of MY name (how many ways can you spell Y-v-o-n-n-e?), I don't want to get it wrong. Even though he can't read yet!

Stay tuned to this spot. I'll take my camera on Sunday and get a photo of the Sunbeams with their bags so you too, can see how cute these kiddos are!

btw, anyone interested in flannel with LDS motifs on it, I got it at www.bighornquilts.com Just put LDS in their search engine.

2 comments:

Sweet P said...

Yvonne, those bags are adorable. Great job!

Teresa said...

Cute bags and I bet the kids are so proud of them. Good going!