Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunbeams, Goldfish and Bags

Today our lesson in my Sunbeam class was continuing on with the theme of "things Heavenly Father created for us in our beautiful world that we are thankful for." Today it was fish! Tabatha brought a little goldfish along that she was hoping one of the children would take home to keep. She had no takers. Of course she missed the conversation with the kids at the beginning of class where two of them told me, "I had a fish, but it died." No wonder none of them wanted it! Here you see them all staring at it. They were fascinated by the little mouth opening and closing and the little fins moving back and forth as it swam around. Tabatha let them each feed one flake of fish food to the fish, which Holly said we should name Crystal. Treavor thought the fish was a boy but was outvoted since there were three girls in the class.

We had a fun craft activity with foam stick on sea creature. Finally, I brought out the bags I'd made and gave them each one to put all their goodies in! Each bag came with a picture of Jesus inside. To that, they added their craft, and two plastic sea creatures. Treavor even stuffed his sweater and gloves in the bag. He was so funny. He told me, "Thank you for giving me a BLUE bag!" I think the sight of all the pink bags for the girls was too much for him. Here they are, with their bags. Unfortunately, Grant, Michael, Lucy and Bryce weren't in class today.





Aren't they cute?

6 comments:

Chanin said...

The bags are so cute! Holly slept with hers last night and then carried it around all day today with all her favorite things in it. Thanks Yvonne!

Yvonne said...

Glad she likes it! I heard she isn't the only one who slept with her bag... Fortunately, I used a soft and cuddly flannel. ;-)

sewnut said...

What happy faces

Sweet P said...

All of them look so happy. Great job on the backs.

Laura Jex said...

Oh my little girl is so cute! She loves your class!!!!!!!!

Yvonne said...

Yes, she is VERY cute!!! And we love her too.

I told her I'll send her postcards from my trip (I'm leaving on the 11th for Boston and a road trip with Liz) She smiled and said she'd like that. A few minutes later she turned to me and asked, "What's a postcard?" LOL