Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Quilt Break continued....



I wanted to post this photo of the coiled fabric basket the "other Yvonne" made. There are two Yvonne's in the guild and when people ask me something, I generally tell them, "oh, you want the other Yvonne," because usually they do! OR...when I introduce myself, I tell them I am the "other Yvonne." It all depends on the circumstance! And..it never hurts to confuse people. (snicker) So Yvonne (the other one. Have I lost you yet?) made several of these wonderful baskets for the fat quarter drawing. Every year we bring a fat quarter, according to a theme. This year it was reproductions. Any kind. I'm not really that "in" to reproductions and mentioned that to Alice as a reason I'd probably win some. Of course I really didn't think I would. When they called the number off my ticket, I wasn't paying much attention---706? Did you say 706? Yup! I won! Darn. Ooh but then I saw the basket Yvonne made. That was something to be excited about!!!

Here is the "other Yvonne."


The conference includes a luncheon everyday, with a speaker (the first day was Janet Fogg and her Magnificent Quilts) There are always nice table favors. Friday one of the teachers donated a pattern for each of us, of a tote bag she designed herself. You can check out her patterns at her website: www.lauradenisondesigns.com She is one of our local talented teachers! In one of the patterns--one of the 88 given out--there was a certificate for a fabric packet to make the tote bag. A $32 value. I was surprised to see it in mine! Whooohooo!! Later I won a lovely door prize (another fun thing about Spring Break) There were books, patterns and a quilt program called Quilt Design Wizard. Of course I got a lot of teasing about winning so much that day, but I told everyone who hassled me that I was going to let them have their turns. By the end of the conference, I think everyone had one something. It was definitely a good door prize year.

No comments: