Monday, July 7, 2008

Visiting Melanie

Saturday night I went with Angie to visit Melanie in the hospital. She and the twins are doing fine and really growing! I was glad of the opportunity to take the quilt tops to her, to give her something to DO! She's only been there about a week now, and says that boredom has already set in. Poor Mel! Here she is with the quilts...and the patchwork balls. As you can see, she's already having fun with the balls.


I got both quilts pinned for her and the first one is in a hoop, ready to go.







Angie brought along a Chocolate Fountain, which for those of you like me, who had never seen one before, is quite evil. Decadently evil! Chocolate chips, with a wee bit of oil added, are melted and flow around in the fountain--where anything that can be stuck on the end of a stick, can be dipped in the chocolate. Mmmmmm! We had strawberries, pineapple, banana slices, marshmellows. Melanie doesn't recommend dipping a turkey sandwich, though. Just FYI.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

The baby quilt is very cute. I love the Dr Seuss character pieces.
Thanks for signing my blog. :-)

Aileen said...

We had one of those chocolate fountains in the family gift game (the one where you steal the presents you want from someone). That box moved around a lot!

I feel for Melanie with her bed rest. Thank goodness she has such good friends!

sewnut said...

Chocolate fountain.... DD had one at her wedding as a surprise for me. Yes I did drip melted dark chocolate over the front of my light green dupioni silk Mother of the Bride dress(that I had made for myself). The dry cleaner fixed it for me though.

Pass along my well wishes to Melanie for her bed rest and twins.

Sweet P said...

A chocolate fountain - sounds yummy! We had chocolate fondue for dessert at one of our meals on vacation. It was delicious!

I've given you an award on my blog. Please go check it out.