Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cayman Island Adventure


I just got back late Sunday, from a week long holiday in the Cayman Islands, with my girls! Daughter Liz was there (as usual, the Instigator of Adventure--thank you, Liz!), daughter-inlaws Sheena and Frieda, and granddaughter, Aurora. Aurora is three months old now. Pretty sweet that she has her own passport! We had a wonderful time. Who would have thought that four women could share ONE bathroom for a week and still get along. hmm? This was the first time Aunt Lizzie and Aunt Sheena had met Aurora. Needless to say, I had trouble getting MY cuddle time with my granddaughter, but they did share now and again. We stayed at the Grand Caymanian, which is a very nice resort beside a golf course. It isn't on 7-Mile Beach, which is the popular place to be, but we rented a car and were able to go wherever we wanted...which included the beach.. Aurora has a tiny swimsuit and we discovered she loves the water! We visited the Queen Elizabeth II Botanical Gardens. Here are some photos from that excursion. We saw so many plants that I recognize as houseplants here, but there--they are tree sized!

2 comments:

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

OK, this is a girls get-away I want to shoot for someday!

Yvonne said...

Definitely worthwhile! what fun you'll have with all your girls!

I'm missing those 80+ temperatures already. BRRRR