Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Sunbeams



I have a smaller class to teach at church this year; only seven 3 year olds instead of the nine or ten who were in my class last year. That means there isn't a second teacher for this class anymore. But never mind, even though I will miss Evelyn, I think this will go all right. Today was the Sunbeams first day in class. A change from the nursery and they didn't seem entirely sure they liked the idea. There were a few tears (theirs, not mine!) but they loved music time and did well, too, once we got to our classroom. Brooke gave the opening prayer, then we had a lesson on how we're children of God. There was a book for them to color in, and the stickers went over well! Paige gave the closing prayer, all by herself. All in all, they seemed to have a good time. Only one little girl, Karissa, didn't go to class with us. Her big sister waylaid her and insisted Karissa go to HER class! oops. When we were finished with our lesson and going back to Sharing Time, my little line of three year olds encountered Karissa's dad in the hallway. Of course, he wanted to know where his daughter was. I ratted out his older daughter, MacKayla, so hopefully Mom and Dad will have a talk with Big Sis and next week, Karissa will come to her own class. MacKayla has learned all of the things from the 3 year old class, but Karissa hasn't. She needs a chance to do that, as well as to form friendships with the other three year olds. Besides...we have fun and it will be even MORE fun with her there!

Here are the new 'Beams:





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, I showed Lena the picture of her class. Right after class she told me that she loved primary! I was a little worried because I know she is very shy but she told me all about it and she had a huge smile on her face. You have already been a wonderful primary teacher, thanks so much for all your hard work.

Kali Leenstra (Lena's Mom)

Debra Dixon said...

Oh! such sweet and promising faces.