Monday, November 26, 2007

Holiday at Karl and Sue's


Tom snuck my computer away...again...and gave me a new one. He really likes to rebuild computers. Unfortunately, I can't locate my photos yet! Still, I thought I'd tell you about our Thanksgiving holiday and perhaps later I'll be able to figure out where he hid my photos...sigh! (Note from "later" I gave up and reloaded the photos!)

A gourmet feast was prepared by niece, Kristi. Here is a photo of Kristi slaving over the hot stove on our behalf. Kristi is almost ready to graduate from culinary school, so I am not kidding when I say "gourmet!" It was fantastic! She soaked the turkey in brine (what that does, I'm not quite sure, but it was delicious) There was stuffing with hazelnuts, carrots and broccoli with a butter sauce, sweet potatoes with pecans and for dessert, a pumpkin delight with a chocolate truffle on the side. All had fancy names, I wish I had picked up one of the menus she had at each place setting... Kristi is doing so well with her chef-training that her instructors have been bragging about her. She has several job offers already. One is in Spain! Doesn't that sound like an adventure!

Attending the feast were Jim and Sheena, Jeff and Frieda, Kristi's brothers: Steve and Scott, Scott's girlfriend, Angela..and of course, Karl, Sue, Tom and me. We were missing a few family members, but there were certainly enough of us there to make the usual family din. It gets SO loud when you get a bunch of this family together that one time, at my house, the clock actually vibrated off the wall! Okay, maybe it was something elses besides the noise that did it, but this is my story and I'm sticking to it! Tom always comes home hoarse--and I'm sure the other "boys" have the same problem, as everyone is very loud trying to make themselves heard. Phew! They are a noisey bunch, but I love them... Certainly a chance from my side of the family who hardly talk to each other at all.

No comments: