Thursday, June 26, 2008

End of a lovely visit...

Today Frieda has to head back home again. She stayed an extra week with us, after we got back from Oregon and Jeff headed back to Utah. Even though my Juki TL98E is under the weather and not in the mood to quilt anything at the moment (wahhh!), we managed to amuse ourselves. Quilt tops were made and shopping was done! Yesterday we invaded Babies R Us (a new favorite store for me!!!) as well as Old Navy and Ross Dress for Less. Here's a photo of our favorite thing that came back with us. Aurora's Blessing Dress!
I hope we'll be able to visit and see Jeff bless his first child. That will be a very sweet moment.

Frieda asked if I'd made a Blessing Blanket, a tradition she wants to start in their family. I'm thinking a whole cloth quilt in a satiny fabric to match Aurora's dress. Hmm...more pondering required here. Suggestions are welcome, so feel free to comment and give me some ideas!

Here is Frieda on the phone with her honey. While at Babies R Us, we found the perfect stroller. I phoned the store nearest to them, ordered it, and Jeff went to pick it up. He said it was awesome! It is one of the jogger versions with the big tires. A Jeep Liberty! Aurora isn't even born yet and she already has her own Jeep. That is pretty cool, all right. The selling point for me (not that I'm going to use it) was the CD/MP3 player. Now why didn't they have strollers this "awesome" when I had kiddos? Sigh!

2 comments:

Joan said...

My mom made special quilts for my daughters when they were born. The quilts were whole cloth and just lovely, if a little slippery. I really liked the ruffled binding on Julia's, but Anne Marie's pale pink showed off the diamond quilting design better.
And - I have been to Cape Hatteras!

Aileen said...

Wow, the kid's not even born yet and has a better stereo on wheels than I do!

The gown is beautiful. Look for Threads magazine, and maybe others, at Joann's for tips on sewing with the slippery stuff. It's been too long since I have to so to advise you.