Sunday, June 15, 2008

Jeff and Frieda's Big News


Jeff and Frieda came to visit for Father's Day--and also so Frieda could use my quilting machine for some of the quilt tops she's made since she was here last. Aren't they cute? Notice anything? Hmmm????

They had a DVD they wanted us to watch and it turned out to be an ULTRASOUND! There, on the tv screen, were images of our granddaughter, Aurora, who is due to come into this world around October 23rd. WHOOOOPEEEE!!! Frieda had been wearing a big sloppy sweatshirt, so we hadn't noticed any baby bulge. Pretty sneaky. They wanted to tell us in person, which was a nicer way to find out than over the phone--and had planned on visiting for Mother's Day, but we were in Alaska. The news was worth waiting for, though, and took us totally by surprise. This is only year 3.5 of their "five year plan" before starting their family. AHA! They changed their minds. I'm very happy about that and I guess now I can stop asking for this in my prayers....

Naturally, I had to pull out the baby quilt I made a while back, for a future grandchild. It uses sock monkey theme fabric, and of course comes with a sock monkey and the sock monkey's quilt. Jeff amused himself with the monkey as you can tell.

We're pretty excited. Aurora is our first grandchild! Now how many quilts can I make for her in the next four months....

4 comments:

Inge Slaats said...

What a lovely news. You are going to be a grandmother! Wow!!!Congratulations!
It is so wonderful to have grandchildren, I enjoy mine every day.

many hugs,
Inge from the Netherlands

Nicole & Phil said...

Congratulations...
and what a gorgeous fun quilt for your first grandchild!!

Roslyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS, HOW LUCKY TO BE GETTING A GIRL! SO FAR I CAN ONLY MAKE BOYS!
And you had a quilt all ready too.
Roslyn

sewnut said...

Pretty exciting! Congratulations to all of you