Thursday, June 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ!!!




Today is Liz's birthday! In honor of the day, I am posting some Liz photos. She has managed to have some interesting adventures, that's for sure. She's been to New Zealand--twice, Scotland--several times, Nepal, India and all over the U.S. and Canada. Tom and I have been lucky to get to go along on some of her travels. She's been a park ranger at Mt. Rainier National Park in Washington state, Mineral King in California, Acadia in Maine, and at Boston National Historic Park in Massachusetts. She's had training at Yosemite National Park, went to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Georgia--I'm sure I'm missing something here, so Liz if I've left something out, let me know! She graduated from the University of Alaska, Fairbanks and lived in both Fairbanks and Valdez for a while. Her latest job is as a law enforcement park ranger at Denali National Park in Alaska, but at the moment, she is at Cape Hatteras, on a special detail to make sure the Piping Plovers can lay their eggs and hatch their babies on the beach, without being run over by dune buggies or otherwise trampled by tourists. The tourists aren't happy, of course, but I'm sure the birds appreciate her efforts. Still, there she is, among strangers...for her birthday! That doesn't sound like fun. I suggested she postpone her birthday until she gets back to Alaska, which is where her birthday presents are sitting..waiting for her...


Happy Birthday Liz!!! WE LOVE YOU!!! We're glad it's your birthday, dear Lizzy, happy birthday, happy birthday to YOU...we'll sing you a song for your birthday, Happy Birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Happy birthday to YOU, Happy Birthday to YOU, Happy birthday dear Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOOOOOUUUUUU!!!! (are you glad you can't actually HEAR me singing that? LOL)

1 comment:

Liz said...

Thanks Mama! And I did get to hear you and pops sing. What a priveledge that is. Ha ha.