Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rescued Quilt


I recently had the opportunity to rescue a quilt! It was cast aside, stuffed in a trash bag in a basement. Not in the best of shape, it was slightly damp and more than a little musty smelling. Several seams are split. Having gently washed it (figuring I couldn't do it much more harm), it now smells better! Does anyone have any idea what the name of the pattern is? I am clueless, as well as being clueless to whomever made it. Let's all label our quilts, friends!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

We, my hubby and I, have enjoyed reading about your Alaskan travels. My Brother in law works in Fairbanks in Fish and Game. My hubby built Church Houses in Palmer, Eagle River and Anchorage back in the late 1970's.

I'm a quilter and enjoy your quilting post too.

I wish I knew the pattern of your rescued quilt. Maybe an appraiser in your area will know. Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne

Yvonne said...

Thanks for posting, Suzanne! Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself here...

I'm going to take the quilt to my quilt guild's next meeting and see if anyone there has a clue. I'll let you know if they come up with any answers. :-)

Liz said...

Hey, Mama, you're not talking to yourself! My boss just fixed me up with a computer and the satellite internet here works pretty well!