Monday, November 3, 2008

Another Dinosaur in the family


Back when Jeff was small, maybe 7 or 8 years old, there was a Halloween when he wanted more than anything, to be a DINOSAUR! Having already gone all out in previous years, making a Captain America costume for Jim, and a Spotted Elephant for Liz, it was Jeff's turn for a special costume. Of course, as with the others, I couldn't find a pattern and had to "ad-lib." It turned out very cute, dark green, with a long tail that had yellow spikes on it. The spikes were also on the hood he wore on his head...and they matched the claws on the hand and shoe covers. I found a plastic dinosaur "nose" with an elastic band, that he wore on his face. He accompanied the whole outfit with a very growly dinosaur "ARRRGHHHHH!!!" Very cute. Very Jeff! So...you can understand how, when I walked into our local Fred Meyer shortly before leaving for Utah to meet Aurora, I couldn't resist the Little Monster costume! When I brought it home and showed it to Tom, he laughed and said I was "incorrigible." Hmm. He may be right, but who is to say that is a bad thing?

When I got to Jeff and Frieda's house, I pulled the costume out of my bag and tossed it at Jeff. I told him I'd bought that for him. Of course, being as how it was a newborn size, he had to let Aurora wear it. He was delighted, having fond memories of that dinosaur costume--which he wore often, until he finally outgrew it. He still has it, btw, so maybe someday Aurora will wear that one as well!

Here is beautiful Mama-princess with her sweet Little Monster. (thanks to Bev, Frieda's mom, for sending me these photos. It's good to have the "local Grandma" as a source for photos!!!)

No comments: