Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quilted Kitty quilt shop, Nebraska

I've tried to only post positive things here at my blog, but I am so frustrated, I need to complain a bit. What better place than my blog?

What happens when you order from an online shop, and don't receive your order? What do you do? The Quilted Kitty quilt shop has been, for at least the last decade, one of my favorite online shops. Items I ordered were good quality and always mailed promptly. When I was needing something, I always checked the Quilted Kitty first. I never hesitated to recommend it to a quilting friend as a reliable source of all those goodies we quilters seem to need. So, at the end of July, when the shop was having a week long sale, I didn't think twice about placing an order for some fat quarters. A few days later, another sale item caught my eye, this time for a Minkee kitty quilt kit. Perfect for the granddaughter due to be born in October and ordering it at the beginning of August, I would have plenty of time to make the quilt for her. HA! I waited for the items to arrive, hoping they'd put them all together in one package. However..here it is, mid-November, and I AM STILL WAITING! Aurora was born October 15th. While she has six other quilts from this Grandma, there isn't the Minkee one that I was planning on making. No big deal, except the non-existent quilt kit cost me $49.95 and I have nothing to show for it!

I have emailed Nanci, the shop owner, a couple of times. She isn't answering my emails anymore, which btw, were polite and friendly--with the tone of "what's going on and when can I expect my order?" After all, I liked Nanci (notice the past tense? Yes, I am feeling cranky!) I know it never does any good to be all riled up and I'm not the yelling sort anyway. After all these years of good service from her, I knew there had to be something wrong somewhere and was willing to cut her slack for that. But really, is it too much to expect to receive what I've paid for--and in a timely manner? Nanci's excuse is staffing problems. Apparently the person who was filling the online orders had been terminated, because she was doing a lousy job. That's for sure! Nanci promised, in her email, to send my order out soon. Okay, so that was back in September when I found that out and but now, with it being mid-November, I am wondering what her definition of "soon" is? And..I am way beyond the point of being sympathetic to her "staffing problems." Two weeks ago I spoke with Nanci on the phone and she promised to send me the fat quarters (where have I heard that before?), but was out of Minkee for the kit. Well, at least I'd get the fat quarters, that's a start. Drumming of fingers....wait wait wait...where ARE they? Today I called the Quilted Kitty again and spoke with Roz, an employee at the shop, since Nanci is out until tomorrow. Roz told me Nanci is at least three months behind with the online orders but seemed hopeful that eventually I'd get what I'd ordered. I am not hopeful, however, considering how Nanci has been making promises and not keeping them for months now. I am VERY FRUSTRATED! I told Roz I want what I ordered, or I want my money refunded. Oddly enough, there wasn't any problem at all with them charging my credit card--August 4th is the date on my credit card statement. Pretty prompt with that, aren't they?

I will never, EVER order from Nanci again and am warning my quilting buddies to avoid the Quilted Kitty as well. It is apparent that Nanci's word can't be trusted. Where is her integrity? What about good customer relations to insure my continued business? Why tell me she'll sent the fat quarters immediately and then NOT DO IT? Phooey. This is very disappointing.

Consider this a warning. Shop at the Quilted Kitty at your own risk!

Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? And what did YOU do?


UPDATE: I got back from the store to find a message on my answering machine from Roz, the gal I whined to at the Quilted Kitty this morning. SHE has my fat quarters packaged up and ready to go out in the mail, today or tomorrow. Although I have had that promise before, from Nanci, I am feeling a glimmer of hope--and feel I was lucky to have caught Roz when I called, instead of Nanci! Roz also said that Nanci would be contacting me about the Minkee Kitty quilt kit, since they still haven't gotten the fabric back in stock. Phew. Maybe this will work out after all.. Thank you, Roz!

(psst...they've still lost my business F-O-R-E-V-E-R, but that isn't so surprising, now is it?)

2 comments:

Joan said...

I think you have been more than patient with those two orders! I would have been on the phone (and probably much louder) a long time before now.
Hope it works out, and soon!

Liz said...

What have I done in similar situations? I try being polite, then I rant and rave and no one listens. Remember that Caribbean trip I've been trying to arrange for months now... I don't think it's going to work out. I think I wasted $600 and I'm never buying any of those stupid vacation packages AGAIN!