Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Redwork Quilt


Unfortunately, my loyal Quilt-Holder-upper is out of town at the moment. He's in Anchorage, Alaska, taking an arctic survival class on what to do while installing FAA radar and a bear...or a moose...or a snowstorm..gets in the way. Sounds interesting (but better him than me!)

This quilt is for Aurora, seeing as how I worked on the redwork blocks last month, when we were waiting for her to be born...as well as during her first week of life, when I was visiting in Utah (and waiting for a turn to cuddle her!) Aurora's nursery is pink and brown. Redwork is red! How to combine it all? I hunted online and was delighted to find fabric with a pink background, with red, pale pink, and brown spots on it! One of my favorite places to hunt for specific fabric is www.virginiaquilter.com I love that site. Their fabric is searchable by theme, color, manufacturer or designer. That makes it so easy to find exactly what I'm looking for. I think the quilt turned out pretty cute!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yvonne,
That is so cute and great
joann

Anne said...

That is beauitful! You have such a talent. I wanted to let you know our address has changed. Congrats on the baby!