Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Christmas Stockings

Christmas is NEXT month, people! Are we getting ready? I have quilts to quilt, so I am wondering why I'm sitting in front of the computer, blogging. Tsk tsk tsk...do I have time for this? Before I head scurry back to Santa's Workshop (a.k.a.: my quilting studio), here's a photo of two of the Christmas stockings I just finished. I love making these stockings! They are such fun.

Ian is one of my nephews. He's getting married summer 2009 (can you hear his mother cheering? She's getting a daughter-inlaw! YIPPPEEEE!!! Daughter-inlaws are absolutely wonderful, and can lead to even more wonderfulness: grandchildren! ohboyohboy!!!) Karin is the name of Pam's soon-to-be daughter-inlaw. I haven't met her yet, but as a welcome to the family, I thought it would be fun to make her a stocking. Of course since I hadn't ever made one for Ian (oops!), I had to make one for him too. I also made a stocking for Aurora, with fabric Frieda picked out. It's so big, I think Aurora could fit in it! I'm not showing you the photo of that one right now, because...Frieda or Jeff might stop by my blog...and I want to surprise them with the stocking IN PERSON!

1 comment:

Joan said...

I love those! All the details make them so interesting. I have too many projects on my list for November - could we just add a few bonus weeks after Thanksgiving before December attacks us?