Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ian and Karin's Quilt

Nephew Ian is getting married August 1st. He is the eldest son of Tom's #2 brother. Ian is our second nephew to marry this year, but Scott and Angela, who married in January, weren't interested in a quilt (alas!) However, when Ian's mother, Pam, asked Karin about it, she was enthusiastic about the idea. That's my kind o' gal! She asked for one in blue, if I wanted to make a big one for their bed. Or a scrappy one if I wanted to make a lap quilt for the livingroom. I thought that was very nice of her to give me the option. I decided, of course, to go with a bigger quilt, but even that didn't deplete my stash of blue fabric. Must make MORE quilts!

Here is the result.


The pattern is by Jan Krentz and was published in the May/June 2007 issue of Fon's and Porter "Love of Quilting" magagine. I think it turned out well. Hope they like it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely quilt, im sure they will be very happy sleeping under this beauty!!

libby downunder

sewnut said...

Lucky ian and Karin, you are a superb aunt.

Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful quilt! I love it! I hope they appreciate the gift.

Yvonne said...

thanks! It was really easy--don't tell! lol

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What lovely colors - they are very lucky.