Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday Trip


Before I get into our Tuesday adventures, here's a photo of some of our "Cabana Boys." Peter, Mike, Tom and Peter. All of the husbands who came along for Jamboree were very nice and helpful. While we were having fun together, they toured around too--and even went to a baseball game!

All right, so on Tuesday, those of us still here, got into a van--or Bob and Diane's car, and headed off to Woodenville for a winery tour. Now those of you who know me, know I'm not a wine drinker...I may whine, but I don't WINE! However, this was another opportunity to hang out with my QuiltPocket friends AND there were a couple quilt shops to visit along the way. What could be better?

We visited Gathering Fabric (where we did...gather fabric, that is!) and a Quilter's Garden.





After a delicious lunch and lots of fabric, we headed for the winery. When I was a kid, my family and I visited the Hamm's beer brewery (Great-Uncle Elmer's side of the family owned it) and I found it to be, well...pretty gross! Rotten grain, and people drink the liquid from that? Gak! The winery, though, didn't smell nearly as horrible--it fact, it smelled almost nice. A grapey smell. After the tour, where we saw great big vats with wine in them, the group had a chance to taste things. Here they are enjoying that!







It must have been good, because several of them purchased bottles of wine to have mailed home. I, on the other hand, discovered winery gift shops have chocolate AND yummy New Zealand licorice! mmmmmmm!




Goodbye to the winery!

No comments: