Wednesday, May 27, 2009

PHOTOS!

Last night Tom reinstalled the program on my computer that allows me to download photos--and guess what? It worked! Here is the last of the adventures of Kiwi Carol on her visit with us. We took her all the way to Mt. Saint Helens and toured around. It was an absolutely gorgeous day! Tom and I hadn't been there for years, so it was a treat for us as well.










Finally...end of a long day of driving...we stopped by the cemetary to visit Jimi Hendrix's grave.
PHEW! It was just as well Carol was heading home; I'd run out of places to take her! Although, we didn't actually visit ALL the quilt shops in this area. Hmm! Guess we'll save those for her NEXT visit!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! When I went to Hendrix's grave (back when Adam and Kerry came to visit that Christmas break), it was a flat headstone in the mud. There wasn't a big memorial or anything to mark it.

Yvonne said...

That's what I'd remembered too---so this was a surprise! It's turned into a shrine, with lipstick marks on his image...and little tokens (flowers etc) left here and there.