Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jennie Sherlock Quilt Challenge



Last year, on April 27th, one of our sweet QuiltPocket friends loss her battle with breast cancer. Jennie lived in Australia, but in this wonderful age of computers and the internet, was only a click away. She came to the Jamboree we had in Connecticut in 2009 and was just as delightful in person as on my computer screen! It really broke our hearts to lose her. So...what would be better than to honor her memory by making quilts to give to other women fighting breast cancer? I issued the challenge to all the QuiltPocketeers and was overwhelmed by the response. We ended up with 33 quilts, which went to the Seattle Cancer and Wellness Treatment Center. Carrie came over to pick them up on Saturday afternoon, and we dazzled her with a little quilt show as we packed them up for her to take away. Jennie, btw, loved bright colors!

































Judi made a beautiful quilt and her daughter, who is fighting her own battle with breast cancer, really liked it. Dutch suggested we donate that one to Debbie---so we did! I wrapped around Judi who was very teary by that time. A fun thing, we all signed the back of Debbie quilt!



Counting quilt photos here, I see I've missed one of the 33 (34 counting Debbie's) If any of my QPocket friends can spot the missing one, I'll add it!

No comments: