Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Maura's Quilt

Here is a quilt made for Maura, a sweet and funny friend, who lives in New York. Maura was part of the QuiltPocket invasion of my home town in April. She loves batiks. I had a "jelly roll" of batiks in the Strawberry Fields colorway (*note: a jelly roll is 2.5 inch strips of fabric) While Carol was here and visiting her cousin in Victoria B.C. (and Tom was in Montana doing radar work), I found myself home alone for about a day and a half. What to do but sew? I snatched up that jelly roll and made Maura a quilt. Why Maura, you may ask? Wellll...like I said, she loves batiks! And even though I told her the reason wasn't because she hurt herself while she was here (she took a tumble in downtown Seattle when she tripped over a pavement stone that was sticking up)..that was in my thoughts. Shh! I don't want to encourage her to try that trick again! Maura is always teasingly asking for our quilts when we post photos of them. I thought it would be fun if she actually got one. Ironically, because of my malfunctioning computer/camera program, I wasn't able to post a photos--so this is one she didn't ask for!

3 comments:

Maura & Tony Pinnavaia said...

what a surprise that quilt was and so beautiful! I will treasure it forever. Just wish it would get cold enough soon so I can really start to enjoy wrapping myself in it!

Liz said...

Ahem. I also like batiks. ;)

Yvonne said...

lol Now, Lizzie, don't YOU start!

Btw, the batik animal print for the border...is something you gave me a few years ago.. See? I put it to good use!