Thursday, February 7, 2008

BQL February Bag

Instead of waiting until the last week of the month, like I did in January, I finished up my February bag for the British Quilting List bag challenge--and it's only February 7th! It feels pretty good to get something done in a day; these bags are a lot quicker than even a baby quilt. To see more of the Challenge bags, go to this blog: http://bqlbagblog.blogspot.com/ I'm not sure if the blue things on it are leaves or hearts, but since the fabric itself has heart "leaves" printed on it, they could be either. This is a nice sturdy bag. On the other side, rather than the hearts, I put a pocket...which is shaped like the hearts, only much larger. I do love pockets!


Here's another bag I completed this week. I love the travel themed fabric. It has a big pocket on the outside, as well as a divided pocket inside. The next one will have more pockets! I also put a clip on a strap inside, to clip onto one's car keys.

5 comments:

Diana Napier said...

I just checked out your slide show and you've got some lovely quilts there and a very lovely family too!

MJ said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I got the quilt that you made for my new baby yesterday, and it is WONDERFUL! Thank you SO MUCH!!! I'm emailing Rizzo right now with a couple of pictures for you. Thanks again!

Yvonne said...

Hey, MJ! Thanks for stopping by. I'll be looking forward to seeing the photos of your new little munchkin and his quilt. Glad you like it! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your bag Yvonne. Mine is still just a pile of fabric on the table. I should go upstairs and get some done to it I know......

Helen in Kelso

Yvonne said...

Helen! Nice to "see" you here!