Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving in Utah

We got back on Sunday from a long Thanksgiving holiday in Utah, with Jeff, Frieda and Aurora. This is the first time we've gone out of town for Thanksgiving in...I can't remember when! We had an early Thanksgiving with Jim and Sheena, so I actually didn't get out of cooking a turkey--but we did send most of the left overs home with them (I kind of miss those left overs--but Christmas is coming, so here's another chance for left overs!)

Tom got to meet our granddaughter for the first time and as you can see, he is smitten. Yes, another big person Aurora has wrapped around her wee finger!

The weather was wonderful; no snow. They "always" get snow for Thanksgiving, but not this year. That made traveling the 800-some miles very easy, though, so I'm not complaining.

Frieda cooked the whole meal herself. Oh wah, poor me--I didn't have to do anything but cuddle Aurora! heh heh heh

Here are some more photos from our holiday:




Frieda is blessed with a nice family--brothers and sisters that actually get along!

Here are photos of Aurora with the stocking I made for her. Well, she is IN the stocking! Also the redwork quilt I finished in time to deliver in person.




Aurora was blessed at church while we were there. Which, of course, meant a family gathering.


More baby photos, in case you haven't gotten enough yet! (I haven't! lol)







.

1 comment:

Joan said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip, and that little girl is just lovely! Welcome home!