Monday, December 29, 2008

Goodbye Sunbeams!


One more post today and I'll be caught up! I just wanted to post these photos of the cute 4 year olds in my Sunbeam class at church. Next week they move up to the next class and I'll get a new fresh-from-the-nursery group of three year olds. They will be cute and wonderful too, but I will miss this bunch. They have been a source of much amusement to me--the things they think up! I know sometimes they drive their parents crazy, but being "of a certain age" and not usually having contact with 4 year olds, I've found them nothing but delightful and funny! Some of them were upset at the thought of not being in my class "the fun class" anymore (thank you! how sweet was that?) so some of my lesson yesterday was geared towards trying to make them feel better about it. We talked about how much they've grown and all they can do now--compared to when they were babies, for instance. Life is change. Nothing stays the same. But that's part of the adventure! We have SO much to learn before we get back to Heavenly Father. I explained to them that I have taught them ALL I know--so they have to have a new teacher now! ;-) That seemed to make perfect sense to them and I think...I hope...I helped them get excited about the change next week. Oh yes..I did tell them I'll love them forever and they can always say hi or give me a hug when we see each other. I hope they take me up on that...sigh!

No comments: