Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lake Louise


When I was 10 years old, my family stopped at Lake Louise in Banff National Park and it was the first time I remember ever noticing that the world was a beautiful place. Having told Liz that, she wanted to stop at Lake Louise to see it for herself. Unfortunately, it wasn't as pretty when it is all frozen solid! And covered with people! What is wrong with those folks? Can't they see the sign about the ice being dangerous to walk on? Good grief... I'm glad we had our hike to Sundance Canyon---and saw all the gorgeous scenery, with very few people...



We stayed in Merritt, BC. that night and then drove over the border. The border guard asked Liz where she was going and she replied, "I'm moving to Alaska." He said, "You're going the wrong way!!!" Oh. Well, yes, but she had to take her Mama home!

No comments: