Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Questionaire

I joined a quilter's ring (see the graphic for Quilting Studio?) It puts me in the "ring" with other quilters. This morning I was amusing myself by clicking on "random" and reading some of the blogs of other quilters in the ring. There are quilters in Norway, New Zealand, Estonia, and here in the U.S. It was fun seeing what projects they are working on, rather like an international quilt show. I did notice something called a Meme, which seems to be a questionaire on different themes. Here is a Christmas one I found.

Cut and paste it to YOUR blog and answer the questions! Then anyone else who reads it can do the same. Passing it on is the idea, I think.

Wrapping paper or gift bags?

both. It depends on what I have available and the size/shape of the gift.

Real tree or artificial?

Artificial. I bought us a new one this year! The old one had been around for quite a while, the stand was broken, it had lost a lot of needles, and was getting more pathetic than the Charlie Brown tree.

When do you put up the tree?

Usually shortly after Thanksgiving! I try to wait until after our Birthdays at the beginning of December, but mostly I can't wait and put it up at the end of November.


When do you take the tree down?

Usually shortly after Christmas. It looks so sad and lonely without all the gifts underneath! By then I'm ready to clean up and have the house back again.

Favorite holiday theme?

I was noticing there are a lot of snowmen ornaments on the Christmas tree, so maybe...snowmen? I've been trying to find nativity ornaments and have a few of those. They are my favorite, since "Jesus is the Reason for the Season."

Favorite gift received as a child?

a toy piano. It wasn't a surprise, though, as my sister told me I was getting it.

Do you have a nativity scene?

Yes, several of them! My favorite is the Jim Shore nativity, with quilty designs on the pieces. This year I finally completed the set by getting the manger.

Hardest person to buy for?

The men in the family! I much prefer shopping for my daughters. Fortunately, I have several of them now, so I get to have lots of fun. ;-)


Easiest person to buy for?

See above.


Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Can't think of anything...


Mail or email cards?

mail


Favorite Christmas movie?

"It's a Wonderful Life," with Jimmy Stewart


When do you start shopping for Christmas?

I kind of keep my eye open for goodies all year around, but shop with real intent starting in October.


Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Yes


Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

everything and too much of it at that!


White lights or colored on the tree?

White.

Favorite Christmas song?

"I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day."

Travel for Christmas or stay at home?

Stay at home.


Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?

Yes! Dasher, Dancer,Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid,Donner and Bliztzen---and of course, Rudoph...

Angel on the tree top or a star?

Star, with the halo my eldest son brought home from Kindergarten, underneath the star. He was five. He is 32 now.

Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Christmas Day, although we always let the kids open one on Christmas Eve (a tradition from my family) to help them make it through the night


Most annoying thing about this time of year?

The bell ringers outside the stores. They aren't annoying, but the ringing bell is! They must go home with a headache every evening.


What I love most about Christmas?

Family. All gathering together. It is the best gift of all when we all can be together.

No comments: