Saturday, December 1, 2007

The first snow of winter





The snow is coming down in big fat flakes. Our first snow of the winter. It's turning the outside world into a winter wonderland, blanketed in a fluffy layer of clean snow. Terrible the Cat, pictured here, is none too happy about it. Terrible is known by other names, btw. Liz and Jeff called him "Buttface" when he lived with them in Alaska. As an Alaska cat, this wimpy Pacific NW snow shouldn't be too troublesome for him. He and his friend, "Spot," (an orange tabby he adopted), have their own cat dwelling by the front door, so they are cosy and dry snuggling inside. He got a bit excited when I went out to admire the snow, thinking it must be time to eat again! Ever hopeful! I took Hitty Liz outside to play in the snow. Here she is with Hitty Kitty. I just finished the green wool felt coat she is wearing last night. In the nick of time for playing in the snow!

Here are two more photos, our front yard and the back.

Now I'm heading back into my quilting studio (a.k.a. "The Laundry Room") to finish up another baby quilt. I think I'll take some hot chocolate with me! It is definitely a good day for staying in and quilting!

3 comments:

Liz said...

It looks lovely. And very neat and clean. I'm not sure if that's the effect of the fresh snow or that you were able to get a picture of the front yard without showing all the cars and the motorhome!

Yvonne said...

I was careful where I stood so the motorhome and "spare" suburban didn't get in the photo too! LOL

Your hike looked fun, but cold... We have fat rain this morning, most of the snow has melted already.

Stay warm!

Sweet P said...

Beautiful snow photos. I'm still waiting for the snow to start falling here. I'm glad you joined blogland.